How to Play Slots
Playing slots online can actually be trickier than it might appear.
While the clicking of a spin button and watching the reels come to a stop is simple, there are many things to take into consideration before you should do this.
The issues listed below are optional but we’d definitely recommend that you spend a bit of time investigating. After all, if you want to maximise your profits as well as your entertainment then it’s important that the slot is set up correctly for you.
Selecting a Slot
Before you even get to a slot there’s the process of choosing one to play. This is more time consuming than it sounds, simply because there is so much choice.
Tips for playing slots
The all-important paytable of the Gladiator slot.
- Selecting the right slot from the vast range of available games can impact significantly on your likelihood of winning
- Pick a slot with maximum and minimum bets that are suitable to your budget
- Remember some slots have many paylines, so you should select the amount of these which you want to play
- Familiarise yourself with the paytable, that way you know which symbols unlock bonus features and which trigger the jackpot
- To actually play a slot is a simple matter of choosing a game, placing a bet and clicking ‘spin’
The temptation for many online slots beginners is to select a slot that they recognise the name of. In most cases these slots are the branded ones such as the Spiderman slot or the Lord of the Rings slot. However, it’s worth bearing in mind that these slots often have lower payout percentages than others. They may have fewer winning opportunities, less features and, most importantly, a smaller or even non-existent jackpot.
Online Slots Advice
- Pick a slot that suits your budget. This is determined by the minimum and maximum bet allowance.
- Select the number of paylines you want to use. The general rule is that as the number of paylines increases, so does your chances of winning. However some people prefer the traditional one payline slots.
- Find a theme that entertains you. You want to enjoy your online slots play so pick one that you find exciting/fun/amusing.
- Decide what bonus features you want to be available. This may sound strange but some people have theories about certain features such as free spins and would rather not have them. On the other hand, some slots have every feature imaginable.
- Don’t be afraid to dive in. With the huge choice on offer it’s easy to get bogged down with looking for your perfect slot. In order to remedy this just take the plunge and try a slot that you like the look of. If you don’t enjoy it then there’s plenty more fish in the sea!
Guide to Playing Slots
Once you’ve selected a slot that’s right for you then there’s not much else left for you to do except play it. But before you can hopefully start counting the money as it rolls in, there are a few aspects that you should be aware of.
In order to help firsttimers through this process we’ve created a step-by-step guide to playing an online slot – call it an ‘online slots beginner’s guide’ if you will.
- When you land on an online slot, take a quick look to familiarise yourself with the paytable. Take note of scatter icons, wild symbols and what you need to reveal to launch bonus features.
- Set the number of lines and the bet per line. While the amount that you bet is entirely up to you, we recommend that you play the maximum number of lines – even if this means decreasing your bet per line.
- Select whether or not you want the slot to play automatically and leave you to watch it all take place. If you don’t select this option then…
- Click on the ‘Spin’ button or any alternative.
- Watch as the reels come to a stop and reveal any payline wins and triggered bonus features.
- If you do receive a bonus feature then instructions are usually displayed so simply follow them and enjoy.
- Following the completion of your bonus feature or spin repeat the process until satisfied!
We must stress that this guide isn’t 100% accurate for every online slot as they do differ greatly. However it should provide a solid basis for you to learn how to play slots. If it doesn’t then feel free to get in touch and complain!