How to Play Roulette
As it’s such a popular game, it’s unlikely that there are many people out there who don’t know how to play roulette.
Nonetheless there may be a few misguided souls who are yet to experience the delights of the ultimate game of chance.
So to help out those new to roulette or refresh the memories of players who have gone far too long without a game, here’s our guide to how to play a game of online roulette.
More Options than you Might Expect
Finding a roulette game to play can be a tougher task than you may think as some casinos can have more than ten different games to choose from.
Some of Ladbrokes’ roulette options.
- American and European roulette are the most common variations of the game, but others also exist
- Some online games use 3D or HD graphics and some offer live dealers
- Progressive roulette jackpots, although rare can be very lucrative
- A basic understanding of the game is sufficient to play and enjoy roulette
- Playing roulette consists of clicking the number you predict and waiting to see where the ball lands
To begin with, you have to decide which set of rules you want to play. The most common variations are European and American. More information about these games can be found on their respective pages but if you like winning then you’ll go for European rules.
In addition to these main two types there are other ways that roulette games can vary. Here’s just a few of them:
- Graphics can vary (3D, HD etc.)
- Live roulette
- Progressive jackpots (these are rare but can provide big wins)
How to Play a Game of Roulette
One you’ve made your choice of roulette game and deposited some money into your account, you’re pretty much ready to go. So without further ado, here’s our step by step guide showing you how to play roulette.
- Click on the chip value that you would like to bet and then click on the area of the table where you would like to place your bet.
- Repeat step one until you’re satisfied with the bets that you’ve made on this spin.
- Click on the ‘spin’ or ‘play’ button and watch as the ball is thrown onto the spinning wheel and eventually comes to a stop.
- Once the ball comes to rest the winning number will be revealed and the dolly (marker) will be placed on the correct number on the table.
- All winning bets will be paid automatically at the correct amount while losing bets will be taken by the casino.
- If you wish to continue playing then return to step one and keep spinning until your heart’s content!