Casino bonuses keep the online casino world spinning and have done since the dawn of casino time.
It's difficult to imagine a world without bonuses. Casinos would be much of a muchness and your bank roll would of course not go nearly as far giving you less time playing which, as we all know, means less chance of winning.
In this section we cover the most common types of bonuses you're going to come across and perhaps most importantly how to get the most out of bonuses.
Top Casino Bonuses
Online casinos are well aware that big bonuses are the best way to attract attention, so there's no shortage of them on offer. From a player's perspective the skill comes from being able to determine a good bonus from a bad one which requires examining the terms and conditions as well as knowing how they compare to others. As this can be quite time consuming, we've compiled some of the top bonuses around and included their vital statistics.
Know your Bonus Types
This table will help you understand the different types of bonuses you'll come across either as a new player to a casino or an existing one.
Each type of bonus has its own benefits and whether they're suitable for you or not really depends on what you're looking for.
- Welcome Bonus
- Designed to get you to install, register and deposit, these bonuses tend to be the most generous. However, wagering requirements can be a little higher as can game restrictions.
- Often the most generous single bonus you'll get. Terms and conditions tend to be reasonable.
- Blackjack, video pokers, baccarat, craps, roulette & sic bo will contribute less (if anything) to wagering requirements.
- No Deposit Bonus
- A more appealing form (to the player) of the Welcome Bonus with the added benefit of 'try before you buy'. The bonus size is small from just £5 to £20 or can offer free spins on slots.
- Try the casino without spending a penny.
- Strict terms and conditions and withdrawal limits make it a bonus for inquisitive and newbie players only. Always non-cashable.
- Deposit Bonus
- Once you've made your first deposit the casino will send you weekly and monthly promotions via email. Eg. 50% bonus on your next deposit/deposit £50 get £25 free.
- Nothing better than getting a surprise bonus in your inbox. Most casinos tailor these bonuses to your average deposit size and favourite games.
- Bonuses tend to be from 50% to 100%, you'll rarely get more. If you do, the bonus will be non-cashable and/or have very high wagering requirements.
- Casino Game Bonus
- Like a welcome bonus or deposit bonus but only available to play on specific games. Most common game is slots. These types of bonus tend to be more generous. 150% bonus on slots/deposit £50 get £75 free on slots. Wagering requirements vary depending on games you can play.
- Can be generous. Perfect if you only play a certain type of casino game. Slot machine players will always get the best deals.
- Watch out for those terms and conditions. It's not wise to play blackjack on a slots bonuses for example as it can void your winnings.
- VIP and High Roller Bonuses
- Can be in the form of a welcome or deposit bonus. Some are invitation only but many are not. Most are in the region of 200% up to a maximum bonus of £4,000 in some cases.
- Good if you deposit over £200 each time.
- These bonuses are almost always non-cashable.
Nothing in this World is for Free
It's important to remember at all times that bonuses exist for two very important reasons;
- To get you in to install, register and deposit.
- To keep you playing (and depositing).
No casino in their right mind gives out free money unless they're going to get something back in return. However, if you know how to spot a good bonus (and with a bit of luck) you can come out the other side with some handsome winnings.